Picture of Do you feel that sales engineering skills translate well no matter what industry your learned experience is from?

Do you feel that sales engineering skills translate well no matter what industry your learned experience is from?

Picture of TJ
2 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Reicher B. asked a question to TJ F.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Thursday, July 11, 2024

Last reviewed: Monday, July 15, 2024

Picture of TJ F.

TJ F.

Solutions Engineer

Hello Reicher, Absolutely, sales engineering skills are highly transferable across industries. Having construction experience is a big plus at Procore because it gives you a lot of credibility and a deeper understanding of our clients' needs. However, it is by no means a requirement. Of the over 100 sales engineers we have, many come from non-construction backgrounds. In fact, the top two performers on our team come from entirely different industries; one from a large ERP software company and the other from advertising tech. At the end of the day, what matters most are your technical skills, your ability to understand and solve client problems, and your passion for helping customers succeed. Many successful sales engineers at Procore prove that you can excel here without prior construction experience.

Monday, July 15, 2024

Reicher B.

Thank you for this TJ, I had a feeling this was going to be how things are but I wanted to tap into your perspective. It gives me a lot of confidence in my research into the opportunities available!

Monday, July 15, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?