Picture of Any advice for someone with 20 years of experience in the industry who wants to work with Procore & contribute longterm?

Any advice for someone with 20 years of experience in the industry who wants to work with Procore & contribute longterm?

Picture of Melissa
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Elizabeth "EJ" J. asked a question to Melissa H.

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Picture of Melissa H.

Melissa H.

Sr. Talent Marketing Manager

Hi Elizabeth. We get asked questions like this a lot! We love the passion that individuals from the construction industry bring to Procore. The best advice that I can give is what I would say to anyone who is looking to make a career change: 1. Be clear on what you want to do and where you want your impact to be. In the context of Procore, think about how you want to continue serving the industry. Do you want to be working behind the scenes or do you want to be working directly with customers? Are you inspired by helping companies make the shift to Procore, or perhaps by helping them use Procore better? Where in the customer journey are you most inspired by? That will help you start to identify what types of teams you want to target. 2. Identify the skills, strengths and experiences you have to support your goal. Once you have an idea of the teams you are inspired by, you can start to look at how your skills and experiences align so that you can position yourself for your target roles. Explore our career site to see the different roles and teams we have open. Read through the job descriptions. You’ll see that there are different teams/roles that can really benefit from the expertise that someone with a construction background can bring, while there are other roles where experience and knowledge are just a bonus or not needed at all. Career change is a big step to make! Wishing you all the best, Melissa

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Elizabeth "EJ" J.

Thank you Melissa, for taking the time to respond. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have invested. With my extensive background in various areas such as construction, real estate, M&A, legal regulatory matters, environmental law, and corporate law. I have a wealth of experience that can bring significant value to the organization. I specifically have researched Procore and want to be apart of this company long term. My passion for construction, architecture, technology, and real estate resonates with the mission of the company and the industry. By leveraging technology to drive revenues and achieving sustainable growth, while always keeping the customer's goals in mind and engaging directly with them. Therefore, I applied to a few positions and had a few top executives reach out to your company as references on my behalf as well. I am committed to being with a company and environment where both the companies talents and individuals can thrive and be nurtured for mutual success. After speaking with many people I found Procore to be that type of company by reputation with a focus in an area I can really commit to long term, that compliments my experience and background. I understand that finding the right fit for both the company and the individual is crucial for long-term success. Therefore, I will continue to apply and welcome the opportunity to work with your team (sales, legal, etc.) long term. Thank you once again for responding to my question. Best regards, Elizabeth Jade P.S. I travel often and will be in Tampa Florida the first week of July if anyone would like me to say hello. :)

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?