Picture of What do leaders do to bring together employees who work remotely?

What do leaders do to bring together employees who work remotely?

Picture of Renzo
Picture of TJ
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Renzo T.

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Picture of Renzo T.

Renzo T.

Customer Success Manager Commercial | LATAM & Caribbean at Procore Technologies | ERG Leader

Hi there! Great question! Every team is unique, but we offer various avenues for people to connect, even for remote workers. Company Celebrations: We host fantastic events in our main offices where employees can bring their families and friends, ranging from Snow Day to Wednesday lunches to carnival-style gatherings, happening at least quarterly. President's Club: This is an incredible opportunity for top talent and high performers. It's a fully paid company trip to a stunning destination for a few days, covering all expenses. Industry Events: We participate in events like Procore Groundbreak, bringing together our team with our clients, featuring amazing speakers, networking sessions, and launching the latest products/services/integrations in construction technology. Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs): Our CSM team gathers during these sessions to celebrate successes and hit our targets, acknowledging the hard work we've put in. This is a great time we usually meet in the Austin city to share our numbers/metrics/deals with upper management and plan fun celebrations and team building activities afterwards. Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): I'm involved in ERG Unidos, where we organize online events, in-person happy hours, and volunteer activities for non-profits. These opportunities cater to different levels of involvement, performance, and team dynamics, ensuring everyone feels connected and valued, regardless of their location. I hope this provides clarity. Best regards, Renzo

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Picture of TJ F.

TJ F.

Solutions Engineer

I personally work remotely as the nearest Procore office is a 4 hour drive from my home. With this said, from personal experience; I believe Procore, recognizes that while remote work offers flexibility and personal autonomy, it can sometimes lead to a sense of isolation. To mitigate this, our leadership is dedicated to creating an engaging and inclusive environment for all team members, regardless of their location. One of the key strategies we employ on my team is hosting quarterly learning and development sessions. These are days specifically set aside for team members to step back from their daily tasks and focus on personal and professional growth. Whether it's wellness, skill enhancement, or exploring new hobbies, the aim is to "sharpen the axe" and foster team bonding. We do this together as a group, which helps us learn more about each other and grow collectively. Another more in person example was this past January, we brought together 300 team members from my division to our headquarters in Carpinteria, California. Over three days, we aligned on the company’s goals for the year and participated in various activities designed to strengthen our connections and enrich our skills. This event was not just about professional development but also included company-sponsored social activities, allowing us to enjoy our time together and build lasting relationships. Similarly, in May, I had the opportunity to meet with my East Coast colleagues in New York for a regional team bonding and skill-building session. This smaller, more intimate gathering of about 30 teammates also included after-hours social events sponsored by the company, further enhancing our team dynamics. On a monthly basis, we also conduct "All Hands" meetings for my team. These sessions include breakouts into random groups, giving us a chance to get to know different colleagues better and discuss various topics openly. This regular interaction helps maintain a connected and supportive team atmosphere. These are just a few examples of how Procore (and my team) not only supports but actively invests in its employees' well-being and professional growth, ensuring that the remote work experience is both rewarding and engaging. It clear that Procore believes that nurturing a supportive and collaborative environment is key to our success, making Procore an exceptional place to work.

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?